Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year, New Goals

I've been getting ready for this upcoming Spring for the past several weeks now, new reels, new rods, among other things. I've been thinking mainly about setting up a few multi day trips to some of the big time fishing rivers here in Texas. Last year we had planned a trip to the Devils, and the night before we were to head down, we got the first big rain of the year and it just happened to be in Aug. So I feel mother nature owes us a good year this time. We did a trip down the Brazos last year and that was a fun one, so we'll probably do it again. Most importantly, I plan to work on two of my goals I've had for the last 10 years. The first is to catch a 15+ pound bass out of Lake Nocona, last year there were several people who caught a few double digits, the biggest being 13 something. The other is to catch a new lake record out of Arrowhead, I've only had that one for about the past four years, but really haven't had any luck on big fish, mainly just 5 pounders and smaller.  Heres to a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment