Friday, May 31, 2013

Scum Of The Earth

Last weekend, I got a wild hair to go fish a place I'd been told about. A place rumored to have 10 pounders like it was no big deal. So, I called one of my friends who'd just gotten a new Coosa, and had yet to put it in anything except a swimming pool. Well we made it to our little homey hole sometime mid morning and the first thing we noticed was the nastiest black mud you get to trek through to get to the lake. So we did that and now we're fishing. The next thing I notice, is this water is crystal clear and full of grass and this slimy scum stuff,  that was so thick with every stroke of your paddle, you'd lift up about 20 pounds on the blades. After awhile I got over that, I was using a Spro frog, a lure that I hadn't used in years, and hooked several bass. Then the wind picked up to just almost gale force and blew both of us to this little pocket, where we sat for a while and could only get perch to bite. While all this was going on, I hooked into something big, it caught me by such surprise, I thought I was hung up in the weeds then all of a sudden, my rod doubles over and I see m line start going perpendicular to where it was supposed to be. Then without warning everything goes still and I reel up to just a bare hook. Maybe next time I told myself as I shook my head. Oh well. Well here are some pictures of this place, we decided we'd call it the coal mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment